Thursday, June 01, 2006

Elginite.org

At least one reader is still there. That's good news. Actually, despite no posts in May, The Elginite blog still got almost 600 page loads and more than 400 unique visitors. It's not much, but better than I expected.

Here's the really good news:

Our fundraising goals have been met. An anonymous donor stepped in with a generous gift right after fundraising month "closed." With this support we will be able to launch Elginite.org this summer, and maintain the site for at least one year. Hopefully by that time advertising revenues will make the idea of a fundraising month obsolete. Cross your fingers.

In the meanwhile, feel free to email suggestions on what you'd like to see included in elginite.org. Better yet, respond with a comment to this post so others can see and comment on your suggestion.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! I'm glad to hear you'll be back. I enjoy reading all the interesting Elgin info on your site. I live in downtown Elgin and would really like to see more information about things happening in the downtown area such as progress on new developments and future plans to improve the area.

Welcome back!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Cedar Waxwing said...

Good to see you back and posting again.

I'd like to see more information on use of farmland in the Elgin area, but whatever you post is usually interesting to me.

8:35 AM  
Blogger rick said...

Everybody, thank you the positive comments! I'll try to post as many downtown and ag-related entries as I can.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home